- Parent Category: Blog
- Published: 04 October 2015
Last week we attended and presented a paper at the ICCM Learning Convention 2015. It was a wonderful event and we came away with plenty of food for thought. The ICCM are an organisation dedicated to developing and promoting best practice in cemeteries and crematoria. They were founded in 1913.
The Learning Convention Programme 2016
The Learning Convention, Gala & Awards
Simon Ferrar from Clandon Wood talking about natural death at the ICCM learning convention
James Norris from DeadSocial highlighting 'what happens to our digital assets when we die'.
Julie Dunk opening the annual ICCM Gala Dinner & Awards
Christopher Falconer from The Heritage Lottery Fund talking about the different projects that have successfully attained grants.
The exhibition hall
The exhibition had a professional yet quirky vibe. The stand shown below for example, were selling crematorium rails!
Adopt a Grave
Our Adopt a Grave programme generated a lot of interest at the ICCM convention. We would like to once again take the opportunity to invite any cemeteries interested in joining the programme to click here.
We would like to thank Julie, Blue and the ICCM crew for inviting us to speak and attend this year's convention. For more information about the ICCM visit: www.iccm-uk.com
*DeadSocial's 'social media in death and bereavement' paper will be made available from the ICCM for all attendees.
Relevant resources that you may find of interest
- Adopt a Grave NOW for free in a historic cemetery (starting Summer 2016)
- How to create a memorial video from photos using PowerPoint
- Using iTunes playlists to decide what songs should be played at their funeral
- How to Display Photos & videos at funerals
- Sending funeral invitations by email
- What 'Game of Thrones' can teach us about funeral planning
- Arranging a funeral
- Arrange your own funeral
- Design a Family 'Coat of Arms' (like the ones seen in Game of Thrones & Harry Potter)